Curious where the name 818 stemmed from? Well, here’s a list of the top reasons we landed on this name.
Top 10 list: the meaning of 818
- It’s an ambigram (or palindrome). What does that mean? It can be read in forward and reverse direction, as well as right-side up or upside down. This is exciting as designers, as it brings many fun graphic opportunities.
- It’s the number of times we talked about taking over the world before we finally took the plunge and did it.
- It visually represents us as a partnership (the eights) with one common purpose between us – design solutions for our clients (the one).
- The meaning of the individual numbers speak to us. The number 8 is associated with a powerful drive to succeed, decision-making, seizing opportunity and is considered the highest feminine number. The number 1 is associated with independence, clear identity and values and taking on responsibility.
- Melissa and I share our wedding anniversaries (same day, different year) – both August, 18 (or 818).
- 8:18 is our favorite time for the bi-monthly 818 corporate meeting.
- It sounds better than 819.
- We think there are probably 818 billionaires in the world.
- This year the infamous Iowa State Fair will be August 8 – 18, 2013.
- When listed, our name is first because it’s a number which typically comes before letters.